Ndoto is looking for individuals who are committed to our mission and vision and are excited to use their gifts and skill sets to that end. Please view our current openings below and contact us if you are interested at email@example.com.
Ndoto: For Africa’s Future is a Christ-centered community development organization that works in the Obunga slum of Kisumu, Kenya. Ndoto is a Swahili word meaning “dream.” We aim to give at-risk youth a chance to dream for themselves, their community, and the kingdom of God through education, discipleship, and development.
Early Childhood Development & Education (ECDE) Assistant.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Obunga – Kisumu
Job Field: Education
As an organization, we believe that forgotten communities can be transformed from the inside out. Our dream is to see entire communities changed, not only individual lives transformed. We encourage our students to dream not only about what job they want to have, and who they want to become, but also what community they want to live in. We invest in people as a whole and empower them to reach their potential, so they will be equipped to become the community leaders of tomorrow. The new education assistant will be based in our Kisumu, Obunga school and will be responsible for providing day to day teaching of our young leaners
For more information about our organization, please visit www.ndoto.org
The teacher will be responsible for the overseeing of day to day class teaching, organizing and facilitating play/learning activities to enable children cope with primary school life and also caring and nurturing spiritual, moral, social, mental and physical growth of children.
- Class teaching.
- Organizing and facilitating play/learning activities to enable children cope with primary school life.
- Caring and nurturing spiritual, moral, social, mental and physical growth of children.
- Managing ECDE Centres and keeping Professional Records (schemes of work, lesson plans, daily programme of activities etc.) and ensuring children’s safety and security.
- Preparing and developing play/learning materials
- Certificate of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or KCE division IV at ‘O’ Level.
- Certificate/Diploma in Early Childhood Development offered by KNEC/Ministry of Education or its approved equivalent.
- Registered by the Teachers Service Commission.
- Bachelors’ degree in Early Childhood Education from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Certificate in Computer Proficiency is an added advantage
- Well conversant with the CBC curriculum and undergone through CBC trainings.
- 3+ years of experience in an education related field required
- Openness to learning new strategies for how to teach, disciple and empower students
- Ability to manage many things at once
- Born again Christian
- Possess a high level of integrity
- Passionate about empowering and investing in young people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Swahili
- Ability to resolve conflict in healthy and appropriate ways
- Previous experience involved in actual classroom teaching
HOW TO APPLY
We invite interested candidates who meet the requirements to email their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include:
- A one-page cover letter explaining why you are applying for this position, and how your recent relevant experience and skills meet the requirements for this position.
- A Curriculum Vitae specifying your qualifications, education and relevant work experience.
If successful, we will expect the names, email addresses and daytime contact numbers of three to four referees, one of them being your current or last manager/supervisor.
Closing date for this post will be 15th January 2022
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a successful candidate may be selected prior to the closing date. Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in an interview.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualification.
Due to the high number of applications expected, unfortunately, only successful candidates will be contacted.