Position Description: Part-Time Accountant
Ndoto: For Africa’s Future is a Christ-centered community development organization that works in the Obunga slum of Kisumu, Kenya. Ndoto is a Swahili word meaning “dream.” We aim to give at-risk youth a chance to dream for themselves, their community, and the kingdom of God through education, discipleship, and development.
As an organization, we believe that forgotten communities can be transformed from the inside out. Our dream is to see entire communities changed, not only individual lives transformed. We encourage our students to dream not only about what job they want to have, and who they want to become, but also what community they want to live in. We invest in people as a whole and empower them to reach their potential, so they will be equipped to become the community leaders of tomorrow. The new discipleship staff will be based in our Kisumu, Obunga office and will be responsible for providing creative ways of discipling young people both current and future.
For more information about our organization, please visit www.ndoto.org
The part time accountant will be responsible for the day to day accounting records, including timely posting of receipts and generating balance sheets for the organization.
- Examine statements to ensure accuracy
- Ensure that statements and records comply with laws and regulations
- Inspect account books and accounting systems to keep up to date
- Organize and maintain financial records
- Improve businesses efficiency where money is concerned
- Make best-practices recommendations to management
- Suggest ways to reduce costs, enhance revenues and improve profits
- Provide auditing services for businesses and the organization.
- Liaise with US office to provide required financial documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in financial Accounting
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Enjoys research
- Fast Learner
- Ability to manage money well with integrity
- Computers: Proficient in Microsoft Office and email
- Born again Christian
- Actively involved in church
- Possesses a high level of integrity
- Passionate about empowering and investing in young people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, Swahili, and Luo (preferable)
- Ability to resolve conflict in healthy and appropriate ways
HOW TO APPLY
We invite interested candidates who meet the requirements to email their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include:
- A one-page cover letter explaining why you are applying for this position, and how your recent relevant experience and skills meet the requirements for this position.
- A Curriculum Vitae, specifying your qualifications, education and relevant work experience.
If successful, we will expect the names, email addresses and daytime contact numbers of three to four referees, one of them being your current or last manager/supervisor.
Closing date for this post will be November 1st 2020.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a successful candidate may be selected prior to the closing date. Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in an interview.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualification.
Due to the high number of applications expected, unfortunately, only successful candidates will be contacted.