Position Description: Local Director
Ndoto: For Africa’s Future is a Christ-centered community development organization that works in the Obunga slum of Kisumu, Kenya. Ndoto is a Swahili word meaning “dream.” We aim to give at-risk youth a chance to dream for themselves, their community, and the kingdom of God through education, discipleship, and development.
As an organization, we believe that forgotten communities can be transformed from the inside out. Our dream is to see entire communities changed, not only individual lives transformed. We encourage our students to dream not only about what job they want to have, and who they want to become, but also what community they want to live in. We invest in people as a whole and empower them to reach their potential, so they will be equipped to become the community leaders of tomorrow. The new Kenya director will be based in our Kisumu, Obunga office and will be responsible for providing leadership support for all projects both current and future.
For more information about our organization, please visit www.ndoto.org
The Kenya Director will be responsible for all the day to day management and leadership for the staff and the organization.
- Empower, build, manage and strengthen a team
- Lead & grow an already viable and successful organization in the Obunga slum of Kisumu, Kenya
- Raise funds
- Network on behalf of the organization
- Get involved with the community, parents, students
- Put future plans into action and see them through to completion
- Help lead a new school
- Help to launch new businesses
- Train and mentor staff
- Oversee a sponsorship program of 300+ students
- Partner with Pastor & discipleship staff to ensure Church’s growth and viability
- Ensure the incorporation of all three functions of the organization (Education, discipleship, and development)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area is required (e.g. International Development, NGO Management, International Relations, Business Management, or Project Management), Master’s Degree preferred.
- 7+ years in professional, leadership capacity (NGO, business, etc.)
- Ability to delegate
- Team player
- Problem solver/solution-based approach
- Dexterity to handle many things at once
- Ability to manage money well with integrity
- Excellent numeracy skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, email, Salesforce
- Born again Christian
- Actively involved in church
- Possess a high level of integrity & accountability
- Passionate about empowering and investing in young people
- Accountable & mature
- Excellent writing skills
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili. (Luo preferred)
- Ability to resolve conflict in healthy and appropriate ways
HOW TO APPLY
We invite interested candidates who meet the requirements to email their applications to email@example.com
Applications should include:
- A one-page cover letter explaining why you are applying for this position, and how your recent relevant experience and skills meet the requirements for this position.
- A Curriculum Vitae specifying your qualifications, education and relevant work experience.
If successful, we will expect the names, email addresses and daytime contact numbers of three to four referees, one of them being your current or last manager/supervisor.
Closing date for this post will be April 15th 2020.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a successful candidate may be selected prior to the closing date. Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in an interview.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualification.
Due to the high number of applications expected, unfortunately, only successful candidates will be contacted.