Position Description: IT Manager
Ndoto: For Africa’s Future is a Christ-centered community development organization that works in the Obunga slum of Kisumu, Kenya. Ndoto is a Swahili word meaning “dream.” We aim to give at-risk youth a chance to dream for themselves, their community, and the kingdom of God through education, discipleship, and development.
As an organization, we believe that forgotten communities can be transformed from the inside out. Our dream is to see entire communities changed, not only individual lives transformed. We encourage our students to dream not only about what job they want to have, and who they want to become, but also what community they want to live in. We invest in people as a whole and empower them to reach their potential, so they will be equipped to become the community leaders of tomorrow. The new IT manager will be based in our Kisumu, Obunga office and will be responsible for providing IT support for all projects both current and future.
For more information about our organization, please visit www.ndoto.org
The IT manager will be responsible for the day to day IT related support, including the implementation of computer hardware, software and network components for the organization and school start up, including all related projects (e.g. businesses).
- Provide diagnosis and resolution of computer hardware, software & networking issues
- Ensure digital solutions support regulatory requirements, operational process refinement that realizes efficiency gains, reduce costs, support drivers of growth, and reduce risk of manual processes
- Ensure regional IT equips end-users with appropriate technology that enables them to deliver performance – both social and fiscal – and considers the future role of technology in business
- Effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational norms
- Maintain and fix laptops, printers, and other related equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in IT
- 2+ years of IT experience
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Enjoys research
- Fast Learner
- Ability to manage money well with integrity
- Computers: Proficient in Microsoft Office, email, Salesforce
- Born again Christian
- Actively involved in church
- Possesses a high level of integrity
- Passionate about empowering and investing in young people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, Swahili, and Luo (preferable)
- Ability to resolve conflict in healthy and appropriate ways
HOW TO APPLY
We invite interested candidates who meet the requirements to email their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include:
- A one-page cover letter explaining why you are applying for this position, and how your recent relevant experience and skills meet the requirements for this position.
- A Curriculum Vitae specifying your qualifications, education and relevant work experience.
If successful, we will expect the names, email addresses and daytime contact numbers of three to four referees, one of them being your current or last manager/supervisor.
Closing date for this post will be April 15th 2020.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a successful candidate maybe selected prior to the closing date. Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in an interview.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualification.
Due to the high number of applications expected, unfortunately, only successful candidates will be contacted.