Position Description: Female Discipleship Staff
Ndoto: For Africa’s Future is a Christ-centered community development organization that works in the Obunga slum of Kisumu, Kenya. Ndoto is a Swahili word meaning “dream.” We aim to give at-risk youth a chance to dream for themselves, their community, and the kingdom of God through education, discipleship, and development.
As an organization, we believe that forgotten communities can be transformed from the inside out. Our dream is to see entire communities changed, not only individual lives transformed. We encourage our students to dream not only about what job they want to have, and who they want to become, but also what community they want to live in. We invest in people as a whole and empower them to reach their potential, so they will be equipped to become the community leaders of tomorrow. The new discipleship staff will be based in our Kisumu, Obunga office and will be responsible for providing creative ways of discipling young people both current and future.
For more information about our organization, please visit www.ndoto.org
The discipleship staff will be responsible for creating and administering a variety of discipleship strategies and activities throughout the year for the organization and all projects in line with organizational goals.
- Manage many things at once; multitask with minimal supervision
- Manage money well with integrity
- Lead a Bible study program
- Invest in relationships with students and parents
- Lead discipleship team meetings
- Help prepare annual student retreats
- Grow a youth ministry
- Be involved in holiday tutoring
- Support church activities
- Participate in evangelism and fun activities with young people, especially with young women
- Diploma required, degree preferred
- Born again Christian
- Involved & committed to a church
- Fast learner
- Passionate about discipling/investing/mentoring girls from primary through university
- Good listener
- Ability to advise well and share wisdom
- Ability to manage money well with integrity
- Team player
- Hard working
- High level of personal integrity
- Computers: Proficient in Microsoft Office, email, Salesforce
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (e.g English, Swahili, and Luo preferably)
- Ability to resolve conflict in healthy and appropriate ways
- Previous mentorship and discipleship experience; understanding of youth ministry
HOW TO APPLY
We invite interested candidates who meet the requirements to email their applications to email@example.com
Applications should include:
- A one-page cover letter explaining why you are applying for this position, and how your recent relevant experience and skills meet the requirements for this position.
- A Curriculum Vitae, specifying your qualifications, education and relevant work experience.
If successful, we will expect the names, email addresses and daytime contact numbers of three to four referees, one of them being your current or last manager/supervisor.
Closing date for this post will be April 15th 2020.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a successful candidate may be selected prior to the closing date. Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in an interview.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualification.
Due to the high number of applications expected, unfortunately, only successful candidates will be contacted.