Position Description: Business Developer
Ndoto: For Africa’s Future is a Christ-centered community development organization that works in the Obunga slum of Kisumu, Kenya. Ndoto is a Swahili word meaning “dream.” We aim to give at-risk youth a chance to dream for themselves, their community, and the kingdom of God through education, discipleship, and development.
As an organization, we believe that forgotten communities can be transformed from the inside out. Our dream is to see entire communities changed, not only individual lives transformed. We encourage our students to dream not only about what job they want to have, and who they want to become, but also what community they want to live in. We invest in people as a whole and empower them to reach their potential, so they will be equipped to become the community leaders of tomorrow. The new business developer will be based in our Kisumu, Obunga office and will be responsible for providing business development support for all projects both current and future.
For more information about our organization, please visit www.ndoto.org
The business developer will be responsible for all activities related to the launching, management, administration, and growth of all businesses and business activities.
- Prepare business plans and structure
- Guide people through developing a business plan
- Break down a business and processes into manageable pieces
- Be passionate about empowering and investing in young people
- Analyze and conduct feasibility studies for all business ideas.
- Design, develop, and deliver business management training packages/modules to non-business adults
- Develop capacity building and operationalization of businesses and marketing plans through joint planning and monitoring
- Negotiate with stakeholders
- Research business opportunities and viable income streams
- Follow industry trends locally and internationally
- Draft and review contracts
- Report on successes and areas needing improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in business
- 5+ years’ experience in business
- Experience starting and growing a business
- Interest in & understanding of entrepreneurship
- Able to train others in business concepts
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Ability to manage many things at once
- Ability to manage money well with integrity
- Excellent numeracy skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, email, Salesforce
- Born again Christian
- Actively involved in Church
- Possess a high level of integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, Swahili, and Luo (preferable)
- Ability to resolve conflict in healthy and appropriate ways
- Previous experience in business management or leadership in a nonprofit
- Negotiation, product knowledge, market research, intelligence, Business to Business (B2B) sales experience helpful
HOW TO APPLY
We invite interested candidates who meet the requirements to email their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include:
- A one-page cover letter explaining why you are applying for this position, and how your recent relevant experience and skills meet the requirements for this position.
- A Curriculum Vitae specifying your qualifications, education and relevant work experience.
If successful, we will expect the names, email addresses and daytime contact numbers of three to four referees, one of them being your current or last manager/supervisor.
Closing date for this post will be April 15th 2020.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a successful candidate maybe selected prior to the closing date. Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in an interview.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualification.
Due to the high number of applications expected, unfortunately, only successful candidates will be contacted.